22 Jun About Amelia, What’s in her bag, and Quick 18 Q&A
ABOUT AMELIA LEWIS
Since turning pro, Amelia has compiled a combined ten top-10 finishes and a total of seventeen top-15 results on the LPGA and Ladies European Tours. A 2009 Florida First Coast Scholar Athlete, she won the 2009 107th North & South Women’s Amateur at Pinehurst Resort, and was ranked No.3 in Golfweek’s Women’s Amateur ranking when she declared her professional golf status on April 6, 2010. Lewis has won over 57 titles in her junior, amateur and professional careers. She has won many awards include being named a Rolex All-American, three-time First Coast player of the year in golf (2006, 2007 & 2008) and a Callaway PGA Junior player of the year.
Her success, though, goes further than just the golf course. With a large social media following – Lewis is ranked in the top five percent of all social media users by Klear.com – she is committed to her fans and helping aspiring golfers. Lewis actively practices what she advocates by participating in junior and amateur golf clinics across the United States. With her inspiring path through the ranks, Lewis provides a unique perspective and passes along invaluable advice to younger golfers who aspire to follow in her footsteps.
WHAT’S IN HER BAG
Driver: Titleist 915 D2 – 9.5 degrees
3 wood: Titleist 915 Fd – 15 degrees
5 wood: Titleist 915 F – 18 degrees
4 Iron: Titleist AP1 716
5-9 Irons: Titleist AP2 716
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design SM5 – 50, 54, 58 degrees
Putter: Odyssey ProType Tour Series #6
Grips: Golf Pride
Ball: Titleist PV1
AMELIA’S FAVORITE THINGS
What’s On My iPod:
Florida Georgia Line, The Chainsmokers, Taylor Swift, Matt Maher…..
Pride and Prejudice (2005), She’s the Man
Favorite TV Show(s):
Game of Thrones, Friends
The Hunger Games, Crazy Love
Tornadoes, and sometimes needles!
Pebble Beach, Royal Birkdale
Payne Stewart, Rory Mcilroy
Words to live by (aka. my motto):
Never Give Up, Never Surrender
Shot I love to practice:
What needs improvement:
Short game can always improve
Driver and Wedges
Age I Started Playing Golf:
Age I first broke 70:
Lowest round ever:
64 (-8 UNDER PAR) 2012 AUSTRALIAN LADIES MASTERS
AMELIA’S QUICK 18
1. Tell me something most people don’t know about you?
I was a competitive swimmer for five years.
2. What would you like to do for a living if you were not a pro golfer?
Be a chef.
3. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be?
4. Is there anything you’re addicted to? Or can’t live without?
Obviously golf. And music.
5. Is there anything you won’t eat?
Very spicy foods.
6. What is one thing you have done and would never want to do again?
Q-School in freezing hurricane weather.
7. Where is one place you haven’t been but want to go?
Norway to see the Northern Lights.
8. What is your favorite activity you do when you want to relax?
Listen to music, go to the spa, or sleep.
9. What is your favorite time of year?
10. Favorite quote or saying?
“Sometimes being fearless is having fears but jumping anyway” – Taylor Swift.
11. What beauty product can you not live without?
12. What is your favorite store to shop in and why?
Either Sephora because they do your makeup or Publix because I get free food samples. 🙂
13. Do you have a favorite TV commercial?
The Geico commercial with Elmer Fudd having trouble saying the letter R.
14. What is one item of clothing you couldn’t live without?
15. Name one thing you always keep stocked in your refrigerator?
16. What invention do you wish you had thought of?
17. What chore are you great at or enjoy doing the most?
Washing the car in the summertime – a sibling water fight usually breaks out.
18. If you could possess any super human power what would it be?
The ability to turn back time (this would be really beneficial in a golf round).